I have rounded up my favorite healthy gifts for this holiday gift giving. This gift guide is for the health conscious people and foodies. According to some health studies, the average person gains up to 5 pounds each year between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. So instead of giving those sugary cookies, fattening cheeses, trans fat crackers, processed food baskets,useless chia pets and toasters, support the weight loss efforts and get-healthy/ live-healthy mind set of your family member, friend or colleague with these gifts. These gift selections will make you a health expert.
Healthy Kitchen Gift Ideas
Cotton Apron – Whether it is working in the kitchen or garden, I love this beautiful apron.
Sunkuka Julienne Peeler Stainless Steel Cutter Slicer – Mandoline slicers are too complicated for me. I like this simple tool for making super thin ribbons of zucchini or cucumber or for julienne slicing my vegetables and making my salads that look gourmet and beautiful.
Glass Straws – I am not a big fan of keeping disposable straws at home. These glass straws are easy to clean with the brush that comes with it. If you immediately wash it before it dries up you don’t need the brush to clean.
Food Strainer Set – Fed up losing grains in the sink when washing quinoa or rice? Never waste another grain with this fine wire mesh that easily strains the smallest ingredients with no waste.
Citrus juicer – I love making my lemon water in the morning using fresh lemons and this tool is a strong and sturdy piece that squeezes every bit of juice from my lemon.
Sheesham Cutting Board – I love this board which is made from high quality Indian Sheesham wood selected only from controlled and sustainable forests.
Kitchen Gadgets Gift Ideas
Spiralizer– You will definitely need this spiralizer to make healthy zoodles that is popular these days.
Instant Pot – The number 1 selling multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support our modern busy lifestyle.
Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 14-Piece Set – Giving a toxic non stick pan to a health nut is a very bad idea. You can’t go wrong if you choose stainless steel cooking pans for a health conscious person who loves to cook.
Philips Airfryer – This machine does its magic on frozen food, and it fry (bake) things with less or no oil than most other cooking methods. I love making my chicken in my airfryer.
Omega Masticating Dual stage Juicer – Fresh pressed juice is trending! The best masticating juicer (cold pressed juicer) in the market! I have this in my kitchen for almost 8 years now with no complaints. This slow juicer extracts juice slowly thus preventing oxidation and allowing you to store juice longer. Another big advantage is you can juice leafy greens and wheat grass in this juicer unlike centrifugal juicers. The pulp is very dry once juiced which proves it extracts every bit of better tasting juice without heating and destroying the beneficial enzymes.
Presto Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker – I know cooking with a pressure cooker sounds intimidating, but once you learn how to use this highly efficient cooker, you can cook meat, lentils, beans and tougher foods super fast using less energy.
USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel 6 Piece Set – Great gift for the one who loves to bake! I love this brand as they are of commercial quality and the coating used on most USA Pan bakeware is a natural non-stick and non-toxic silicone that is PTFE, PFOA and BPA free.
Blendtec Blender – I literally use this everyday in my kitchen to make smoothies. If you want a creamy green smoothie you will definitely need this. Low end blenders, like Oster, cannot replicate the creamy consistency that this blender makes.
Cusinart Hand Blender – Fast and fuss free way to blend food straight in the pot without transferring to blenders. This immersion hand blender can replace expensive and bulky kitchen tools, giving you similar performance at a fraction of the cost.
Gift Ideas For Sleep and Stress Relief
- Organic silk sleep mask – This silk sleep mask is so soft and super light-weighted and gives no pressure to eyes for a good night sleep or for a nap with complete light blocking.
- Wave Premium Sleep Therapy Sound Machine – This machine blocks all unwanted sounds and gives you soothing all natural sounds like Fan, Ocean, Rain, Stream, and Summer Night. It also includes timer and USB output charger.
- Affirmation Stones – Change your life by focusing on the statements printed on these beautiful Affirmation Stones. You fake it ’til you make it. Helps you to act as if you have already become the person you want to be.
- Universe Has your Back Affirmations Cards – work by programming your mind into believing the statement. This inspiring 52-card deck offers spiritual guidance to help you find strength when you are down, synchronicity and support when you are lost, safety in the face of uncertainty, and joy in all circumstances.
- The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living – Hygge (pronounced Hoo-ga) is the sensation you get when you’re cuddled up on a sofa, in cozy socks under a soft throw, during a storm. This book introduces you to this cornerstone of Danish life, and offers advice and ideas on incorporating a sense of comfort, togetherness, and well-being into your own life.
- Himalayan salt crystal lamp – I have these lamps in most of the rooms in my home and in office. I love the ambiance of this light in my bedroom. Researchers have discovered that EMFs from computers, TV, phones, and WiFi can suppress the pineal glands’ secretion of melatonin, a hormone which controls our wake/sleep cycle, moods and task performance. Salt crystal lamps are extremely beneficial for us, because they are natural negative ionizers. When warmed up, they emit a negative electrical charge, thus ionizing our atmosphere and helping to neutralize harmful EMF radiation.
Food , Fitness and Play Gift Ideas
Yoga Spinner Game – It is a fabulously fun game that introduces players to the wonders of yoga, improves posture, enhances coordination and increases flexibility. Give the spinner a whirl and let the fun begin. Spin the spinner and answer one simple question or try to hold the pose it lands on for ten seconds. If you held the pose (without falling down laughing) you can keep it. But that’s only part of the fun, in this game anything can happen. The object is to collect a card in each color, but whether you play it with a partner or challenge yourself, you win. Upside Down Games offer physical, social and intellectual benefits for players of all ages.
S’well Stainless Steel Teak wood Water Bottle – This eye-catching bottle has stainless steel interior, a leak-proof BPA free twist cap, and triple-wall vacuum insulation with its ability to keep cold for up to 24 hours or hot for up to 12 hours. It really is a thermos disguised as a water bottle!
Health Nut T-shirt – Health gurus talk a lot about kale, kombucha, chia seeds and coconut oil. I am not kidding!
Organic Nut Basket – Everyone loves nuts! Especially health nuts!
Vegan Snacks Package – If you prefer to give a food basket, this healthy snack basket is a great choice.
Numi Organic Tea Flowering Gift Set in Handcrafted Mahogany Bamboo Chest: Glass Teapot & 6 Flowering Tea Blossoms – An elegant and unique holiday, or any occasion, gift for the healthy tea lover in your life. Numi offers premium loose leaf quality teas & herbs blended with only real fruits, flowers, & spices. All Numi Teas are organic, sugar free, fragrance free; and provide a delicious, healthy, and hydrating experience.
Modular Bamboo Lunchbox – Health conscious people take lunch to work. And this stylish modular design is something they would greatly appreciate if received as a gift.
Fitbit – You can’t go wrong giving a fitbit fitness tracker as a gift. The only exception is if the gift receiver already has one.
Gift Ideas for Beauty
Arcona Vitamin A Complex – All those young looking ladies in their 40s and 50s are talking about using retinol but I am not sure about all that high strength and chemicals in them. I sure don’t want to miss the benefits of retinol as those ladies look gorgeous. So this natural retinol is what I prefer. I trust Arcona brand as they use pure ingredients.
Arcona Tabula Rasa Pads – These pads make you glow! I have to hide it from my husband as he likes it too.
Arcona Travel Kit Basic Five – Problem Skin – This facial cleansing bar ( bought separate and not from the kit) lasts for me for almost a year. Just make sure you don’t soak it in water. Just wet your hands and use it. I leave it for 30 seconds on my face to get an extra glow out of it.